Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Gator Who Came to Dinner


I really don't think I could live in the lovely state of Florida. Yes, it is warm and sunny most of the year, but I have this (healthy to me) aversion of reptiles that stand taller than I do and weigh over twice as much. Call me crazy, but gaping maws with rows of sharp teeth are enough to make me want to stay a few miles away.... Ask my ex-boyfriend, I was a complete waste of space during our Everglades excursion oh so many moons ago (it didn't help when a gator went UNDER our canoe and my oh-so-helpful Ex thought it would be amusing to smack the inside of the craft with his Loudly Resonating Oar; I almost tested if *I* could swim faster than the gator...). So imagine my surprise when I saw the picture of the gator scratching on the door of a Florida couple who were happily barbecueing out back.... What? Your paper neglected to share this *cute* picture? I will be happy to show you the Gator Who Came For Dinner, its up there. Forgive me for staying away from Florida - - gators ringing the bell for Teriyaki Chicken? NO THANK YOU!

The story is found here: http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/v-rd2005/story/5795583p-5177866c.html

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Crap! You won't catch me anywhere near Florida, for sure!

10:42 AM  
Blogger KK said...

Excuse me. I'm just doing a little snoopy dance. Yea! You're blogging!

:D

12:01 PM  
Blogger Vinegar Martini said...

Not to be ticky, but that Gator paid a visit to Sun City - that Del Webb retirement community in Blufton, SC. The Floridians are safe for now.

The retirees who didn't make it all the way to FL and settled for SC are toast, however!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home